Saturday, July 9, 2011

Rainy Day Projects

Today was a rather nice rainy day, in fact it was a great rainy day.  Some rainy days are just like that I guess.  Today Mr Renovator got up early and tootled off to town so I took some serious advantage of that by brewing a pot of tea, opening up my Kindle and reading the rest of my book.  Once I finished then I got up and went to work on a few projects.  The tiles in front of the fireplace were all finished so I grouted them puppies, then I baked a batch of raisin oatmeal cookies (oh I also threw in some chocolate chips and peanuts, so I guess they were more than just oatmeal and raisins.)  Then Mr Renovator returned and finished sanding the walls, which allowed me the opportunity to prime the ceiling and walls.  I only did a little bit of sweating when the sun peeked out for a half hour or so.  All in all it was a nice day.

Always start with a good breakfast.  


And make sure your pussy is warm and fuzz free. 

If you end up one tile short make sure that you send your Renovator all the way back into the city to pick one up after a entire day of renovating.  Its way more fun that way. 


Once all the tiles are in place you have to grout them puppies. 


I love the juxtaposition of the new look with the ubiquitous 1980's furniture.  I will have to post a picture of the completed process with our furniture in all its "Golden Girls" era glory.  Meanwhile this is as far as we have come with the fireplace.  Presently the mantle is a piece of 2x6 which I may just end up sanding and staining as I kinda like the look.


Oh and here are a couple of shots of the almost completed bedroom.  Next step is hardwood flooring.




No comments:

Post a Comment