Monday, October 17, 2011

Another Early Morning In The Rain

I woke up at 3:30 am and lay in bed trying to get back to sleep until 4:30, at which point I decided to get up and stop fighting it for awhile. I figured that after an half hour of reading I would be tired again and lay back down. Well that sure as hell didn't happen. So three cups of coffee, two egg sandwiches, a finished book, and some playing on the computer and I am still awake. It is now 7:00 am and it is still black outside. And still raining. This would be a great time to get some writing in but for some reason my brain just won't do it. I'm not sure if its because I haven't written in so long that I've forgotten how to, or if it is me just being lazy, but I sure feel like I am letting an opportunity just slip away.

On the plus side I have had almost three hours of solitude. Better than heaven.

2 comments:

  1. I thought you weren't drinking coffee anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two years and one month with no coffee was enough. I am back on the bean but trying to keep it to cups a day instead of pots.

    ReplyDelete