Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Apples and More Apples

Although I still haven't got my computer back from the computer hospital today it wasn't a complete bust. My property, and most of the bush around it, is bursting at the seams with apples. So I went out and picked some big assed apples, and made Apple Kuchen from them. For those of you who do not know what Apple Kuchen is, join the club, I hadn't heard of it myself until this morning when I was perusing the recipe book for something to do with apples. Turns out that Apple Kuchen is yummy. Most especially if you use the tart kind of apples, which I did. You make this kinda muffin consistency type of dough, but out of yeast for the rising, stick it in the fridge for a couple hours, pour it onto the bottom of the cake pan, slice up the apples and then pour melted butter, sugar and cinnamon over top and then bake. Like I said, yummy. Probably a billion calories, but yummy nonetheless. I also made some danish dough and stuck it in the fridge for its overnight cooling needs so I can take some fresh baked danishes over to a neighbour who tried them once and raved about them ever since. Just call me Susie Homebaker.

All this I was doing while waiting for a phone call to come and pick up my computer. Normally I would be okay with waiting for a day or two but I found this job on line which may just be up my alley. You need to be OCD for this position, it isn't a management position, and you need steel toed boots. Check, check, and check. All things that I want out of a job. Well actually I'm not a big fan of steel toed boots, but I have some, and I also want to be creative and to be left alone as well. What does this have to do with my computer you ask? See my real computer has my resume already prettified on it and it only needs things like address changes, etc. Without it I would be reduced to coming up with a new resume and "using my brain" for something other than an instrument used to figure out how to get apples out of a tree without actually, a) climbing it, or b) dragging a ladder out of the garage all the way across the field. And frankly I'm not sure if I'm that desperate for a job at this point. Ha-ha, who am I kidding, I know I'm not that desperate for a job, thus the Apple Kuchen and danish pastry.

Oh and completely off topic, but near and dear to most Canadians hearts, the Weather Report. Holy snapping arse holes Batman but is it ever windy here. First it rained like hamsters all night long, now the wind has been acting like a hurricane, which is strange as the hurricane that blew by here a couple of days ago didn't throw any of that wind stuff around. Go figure. The white caps on the lake has white caps, and those have little white cap hats. The worse part of it is that the trees which are all pretty with reds, oranges, and yellows are losing a lot of those leaves. Of course because I haven't taken any pictures yet.

And on another completely unrelated tangent, cats are assholes.

1 comment:

  1. Apple Kuchen, danish pastry, cake.... You should do a "Domestic Tomboy" blog, or something on that order. How to Cook in Steel-toed Boots.

    ReplyDelete