Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Continuing Saga

Yesterday was another sweet day in the land of the east, the sun was out, the wind was blowing, and best of all, no rain! We spent most of the day working on the siding project, ala the garage. Ninety percent of the work consisted of dicking around with all the prep work, starter strips, J-molds, strapping, leveling, screens to keep out critters, etc. Once ALL that crap was finished the actual putting siding up went pretty fast. We had company at one point, thankfully, and it gave me a chance to do a couple loads of laundry as it was a pretty good wind day for that. (We still don't have an actual dryer so I have to take advantage of any day which doesn't have 100% humidity. Okay I take that back, I do have an actual dryer, a brand spanking new one, it happens to be sitting in a box in the living room waiting for the day where it will be hooked up. But that folks, is a different story.) So I think we are about a third of the way done with the siding project for this year. The small garage, my Wookie Cave, isn't on the schedule until sometime next spring.

I will post some progress pictures when I have access to my camera and the other computer. Today I have to go to a seminar in the city and listen to someone tell me exciting things which they can do with my money. Then I am going to celebrate my mother's 80th birthday with her. All I can say is that I hope that when I turn 80 I won't be somewhere on a scaffold putting siding up on a garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment