Saturday, November 26, 2011

Cheat Day

Today is Saturday, it started out as a foggy, grey morning and turned into a sunny, blue, warm day.  I had a small fire on this morning to take the chill out of the air and decided to throw a couple more logs on to warm the place up nicely.  It was a bit of a mistake.  The sun came out, and as the front of the house is almost perfectly situated to take full advantage of the passive solar heat of a winter day, the house went from warmish to hottish.  I think it finally topped out at around 29 degrees.  It didn't help that I had the oven turned on to bake a cake, then roast a roast.  At one point I was running around in shorts and a bra. 

I am still on my new diet so today is also the day that I call my "cheat day" which means that I can eat everything, and anything that my little heart desires.  And I have to tell you, my heart is full of some serious desires!  Most especially anything which has to do with carbs.  This diet that I am following, as you may have figured out from that statement is a no-carb diet.  No pasta, no potatoes, no rice, no cereal, no bread, no fun.  Actually it hasn't been as bad as I originally thought it would be, reason being is because I am not hungry while following the rules. Never having been much of a diet girl I was expecting the worst, turns out that being allowed to eat as much as you want is a tactic that works for me.  So today for breakfast I had coffee, a piece of pumpkin pie, and oatmeal with rye toast.  Then I ate lunch, spaghetti and sauce, not because I was hungry but because I wanted the spaghetti.  Then for supper I had roast beef, mashed potatoes, turnips, and a huge piece of chocolate cake.  Then I had another piece.  Now I feel slightly nauseous and ill.  Pig out day, aka cheat day, can be hard on a person. 

We had company over for dinner, it was nice to be social for once, and it was nice having great company.  Hmmm...perhaps being social is something that I should start to reintroduce into my life of exile and neglect.  Both the dog and cat were equally as thrilled as they had a buddy to gnaw on and otherwise harass for awhile.  Someone other than each other that is.

The good news is that because of the warm weather we had all day most of that white stuff has melted away.  As far as I am concerned it can stay that way...away.  Winter bad.  Autumn good.    Well the ole eye lids are starting to only open to half so I best be wishing all a good night.  Good night all. 










No comments:

Post a Comment