Monday, February 20, 2012

The Universe Hates Hardwood

Finally after having to wait the proper allotted time to let the newest bunch of hardwood acclimate to our house we once again began to lay the stuff.  Unfortunately the Universe spent the entire day conspiring against us.  Right off the bat it was deliberately screwing things up, and just making life a living nightmare for all and sundry.  But even though the Universe was trying it's damnedest to generally fuck around and drive us crazy it just didn't realize the dogged determination that can infect the two of us.  Not once, but two times we actually had to rip large portions of it out because of alignment issues.  You have absolutely no idea how frustrating it is to have to do that.  (Picture me grabbing my hair, jumping up and down, and screaming.  Not that I actually did that, that is just what I felt like doing. I'm not a complete loon, I just feel like one most days.) 

We got about a third of the living room completed, and about a quarter of the kitchen done.  I am hoping that tomorrow the Universe is scheduled to go and play waffle ball at the recreation court in town and will stay the hell out of my house.  Or I may be forced into kicking some galactic sized ass. 

4 comments:

  1. Are these the good times that you look back at and laugh about in a few years?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course when you say 'the universe' you actually mean 'you' (who is clearly the natural spokesperson for the universe).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Typically you would be correct, but in this case I am more of the head of the grievance committee putting in a huge complaint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book I'm reading actually identifies that our egos are all completely looney, therefore it's just normal! <3

    ReplyDelete