Saturday, May 26, 2012

Moist, Misty, and Damp

I woke to cool air, a misty light rain, and clouds.  The radio called for worse weather all day and thunder showers this evening.  Surprise, surprise, surprise...they were wrong...again.  The day progressively got better not worse.  Although the air did stay rather dampish all day.  And now, as I sit here, it is evening and the skies are blue with nary a rain drop to be found.  That is twice in one week where they were predicting dire warnings which did not come to fruition.  Ah to have a job like that.  No matter what you say, right or wrong, you get to keep your job and people continue to tune in to listen to what you have to say. 

I jumped on the bike earlier in the day, wishing to avoid the above forecasted weather, and went for a ride.  I think I put on around twenty k total, I figured that would be enough because I am just starting to ride again and do not want to cause myself unwanted pain in my sit down area.  I then took the hell hound out for a walk to the back forty and was oh so grateful for my Blue Nose Burka.  Warm and Damp = Mosquitoes the size of cats.  Ho boy.  They were actually chewing on me through my clothes.  So I skedaddled as fast as my feet could go.  Well okay not quite that fast, but I did walk quickly to get out of the swamp area and back to where it was a little more clear.  Here at the Old Shoes and Tea Society we have a saying.  "When the mosquitoes get tough, run screaming out of the bush before they take you to their nest as a snack for the kiddies." 

Yesterday I went in for my "short listed, second interview" for a job I applied for as a lark.  Things seemed to go well and of course now I am worried that they might offer me the job.  How sick is that?  It is a full time affair and I'm not sure if I really want to do that.  It is also one of those things that I know how to do really, really well.  I'm not sure if I want to do that either.  I may actually take the position if they offer it to me.  Yes I know, I am crazy.  But one of the things I have learned from being here is that things are not as they seem, so I might be pondering things which may not come to pass. 

This evening I put the second coat of paint on the new bedroom door and was greatly helped by the cat.  She loves to paint.  My pets are so helpful.  I can't tell you how that makes me feel...kinda misty eyed. 

1 comment:

  1. Zilla's Other HalfMay 27, 2012 at 10:15 AM

    Out here, we're hoping they're wrong in the other direction. They keep telling us it will rain, then the closer we get to that day, the less likely the rain becomes, then it seems to fade altogether. We are sorely in need of a good dousing and I'm hoping the grey skies above will ignore the prognosticators and just piss on us all day...

    ReplyDelete