Thursday, June 14, 2012

One Million Acres

Whew...finally finished mowing the lawn...again.  Here at Kitpu Estates we have approximately one million acres of lawn to mow.  Okay perhaps not one million, maybe it's more like four or five acres, it just seems like a million.  Today I mowed, and mowed, and mowed, and the hubby mowed, and mowed, and mowed.  Then finally we were done.  He does the big assed chunk in the back with the riding mower, I do the slightly smaller assed chunk on both sides, and the front with two push mowers.  Yes I said two.  Typically I will take the smaller one and run it until it is out of gas, then take the slighter larger one and do the same.  Today, miracle of miracles, I did not run the big one out of gas, and this is the weird part, I actually mowed more than I usually do.  WTF?  How is that possible?  Oh the oddities that are found in the land of Kitpu. 

I also took my small gas powered hedge cutters and went out to the mail boxes and trimmed the verge, then I scooted to the back forty by the small shack and did some more trimming.  Then I figured I would cut under some of the apple trees close by and when I discovered three wood ticks I decided to call it a day.  Yes have wood ticks, will travel...away from said location. 

It has been threatening rain all day but so far we have avoided it.  The neighbour guy told us that it was raining like cats and dogs on the highway turn off.  That is six kilometers away.  I'm really okay with that right now.  If it wants to rain it can do it in the middle of the night. 

The good news is that my knee and hip seemed to stand up pretty good to the kilometers I walked while mowing today.  I really have to find my pedometer and see if I can figure out exactly how far I do walk when I am mowing.  It would be interesting to know. 

2 comments:

  1. Huh...I think our yard is One million and one acres. Funny that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! What's your opinion on who are your average readers?

    ReplyDelete