Wednesday, August 8, 2012

One Day At The Lake

Today was without a doubt the most beautiful day at the lake...ever.  It started slow, I slept in because for the life of me I couldn't get to sleep last night.  My daughter and I even stayed up until midnight watching the Olympics.  It was the first time I had a chance to watch any of the events this year, mainly because I do not have cable, satellite, or any other way of watching the events.  She got her TV hooked up yesterday so consequently we ended up getting involved in some of the events.  This is the only time ever that a person can watch something besides hockey, football, baseball, or basketball and I like to take advantage of it.  We both got quite caught up in the volleyball game between the Chinese and Japanese women, both teams were most excellent, the games were pretty much nail biters. 

Today I got to paint some trim for the house (have I mentioned how much I loath and despise painting trim?) The humidity finally wasn't in the 99% range so I thought I would take advantage of it.  I also blanched a whack of green and yellow beans that my neighbour was kind enough to donate to us from her garden, then I got to go and hang out on the beach and pick rocks and go for a swim...or two.  The only thing which would have made it better was if the kidlet had decided to come out and go swimming as well. 

The neighbours have decided to change their roof this summer so the hubby, who apparently can never get enough of home renovations, was over there all day long helping out.  So it was just me and the dog, who every which way wanted to go and hang out at the neighbours.  Everybody hates me, nobody loves me, might as well go eat worms.  LOL 

2 comments:

  1. After our less-than-exciting return condition we've moderated nicely. Even though it didn't get very warm today the humidity was enough to make it pretty blarghish. A good day to stay indoors and practice our brain muscles with some gaming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, humidity sucks, when it falls even if the temps are high things are sooooooooooooo much better.

    ReplyDelete