Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Impatiently Waiting


I’m very excited, very excited because tomorrow is the day I get to go and watch the Hobbit. Now for anyone who knows me I am a proud geek, I am a girl geek who loves the Hobbit, who loves the Lord of the Rings, who loves science-fiction and fantasy novels.  I’m not sure if it’s cool now days I know it certainly wasn’t cool when I was growing up. Maybe there are a lot more girls that are geeks now days I’m not sure, but I sure hope so. I’ve heard both good things and bad things about The Hobbit, but as usual I will have to make up my own mind. My hope is that Mr. Jackson didn’t go too overboard with trying to make it exactly the same LOTR. You see the difference between the Lord of the Rings, and The Hobbit, is that The Hobbit was written as a children’s book whereas the Lord of the rings is more of an adult book. So the concern is that he is going to try to make The Hobbit less like the book and more like what he thinks that an audience is going to want to see based on his previous work. But I guess I have to wait a day and see. 

In the meantime today is a pretty crappy day out there. It was blowing and raining all night long. But this morning it started snowing and it’s been pretty much snowing off and on all day long. The temperature is sitting at around zero so the snow doesn’t know if it wants to be snow or if it wants to be rain. The wind is blowing and the snow/rain/sleet is falling horizontally, which is not great when you’re considering going for a walk. But seeing as I have one of those four-legged mammals that needs to go out I guess I am going to have to pull out my rubber boots, dress myself up in something waterproof and head out to the back forty. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment