Friday, March 8, 2013

Kids R Us

Great news, I just had another piece accepted for publication.  It is a short children's story and will be out in May.  Who'd a thunk it eh?  Me writing kiddie stories.  Although if I think about it I have in fact written several kid stories.  In fact I think there may be a tidy sum languishing in some writing book of mine somewhere.  (Probably in a box, in the basement.  That is my life these days...Oh yeah I have one of those, I think its in a box, in the basement. I am really looking forward to getting some shelving and cupboards built.)

Also good news is that I have sent the first chapter of my novel away to be critiqued by the writing group I now belong to.  Good thing I did because had I done one more edit on it I think it would have only been two words long - stuff happened.  So instead of butchering it yet again it has gone away for some comments to be flung at it. 

Oh and just a quick update on how much I hate the weather network this week.  All week long they have been telling me that it is going to be sunny on Wednesday...it wasn't.  On Thursday...it wasn't.  On Friday...it isn't.  Arrggghhhhh.  Quit getting my hopes up!!!!!!   Apparently it is supposed to be warm and sunny tomorrow, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.  All I have to say about that is that it had better be or else.  (Or else....I will once again rant I guess.) 

2 comments:

  1. Zilla's Other HalfMarch 9, 2013 at 11:53 AM

    Learn your lesson; the weather network is hopelessly optimistic. They're constantly telling us our forecast will be warmer and sunnier etc etc than it ever is. Despite the odd hiccup, we do tend to find Environment Canada is more with it. Or at least more realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a half day of sunny and warm! Things are looking up....yippee.

      Delete