Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Hubby Update

The Hubby tells me that I have to update my blog because without it he doesn't know what goes on at Kitpu Estates...funny guy.  Its pretty easy to keep up on the goings on at Kitpu when you live here, plus the fact that pretty much sweet tweet has been happening since we have been down for the count for the past month. 

The good news on the "not much" front, or the "sweet tweet" front, is that all of the ice is officially gone from the lake.  So yippee to that.  Also more good news is that pretty much all trace of snow is gone as well.  Although there are some tiny piles in the shadows lands of the back forty, but nothing to make it bad to walk in.  And the crazy good news is that the ground seems to be thawing out without a whole shit pile of mud and sludge on the road, that means I do not have to use the 4x4 to get in and out of the property this year. 

Today is day seventeen of the Flu That Was Like Death, still have some slight remains of symptoms like a bit of a cough, and slightly sluggish on walks, but at least we are back to the land of the living.  It was so bad for awhile there that even my internal organs were sore every time I coughed.  That can't be good can it?  I am very much looking forward to going back to a rather healthier lifestyle. 

Yesterday the windows for the Wookie Cave showed up!  How cool is that?  Soon I will have my own studio, with my own writing space, and my own painting space.  Hopefully it will feel like my office at work.  For some reason every morning at around 6:30am I used to get this uncontrollable urge to write, write, write. (Well actually it was controllable seeing as I kind of wanted to keep getting that pay cheque thingie.) I am hoping that the same urges will happen once the Wookie Cave is up and running.  (Although the 6:30 thing may have to be put off until perhaps 7:30, or even 8:30 seeing as I no longer am getting that pay cheque thingie and thus feel no real need to get up at 4:30 in the morning.)  Of course the last couple of years, during the summer months, I have enjoyed getting up early in the morning and watching the sun come up with a steaming cup o Joe in hand.  Anyway I do hope to go great guns on my book once ensconced in my new studio and get it finished, and perhaps even sent out for publishing before the end of the year.  Now that would be a great big huge tick on my Bucket List. 

2 comments:

  1. Zilla's Other HalfApril 9, 2013 at 7:11 PM

    Congrats on stuff for the Wookie cave! How's the Hubby feeling? I managed to come down with some virus that the doc officially finds quite odd. Take stomach flu without any normal symptoms (except that it seems to have something to do with digestion) and have it affect your bloodstream and therefore your heart. I could do without all these newfangled diseases....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that doesn't sound good. Is it loss of fluid? I know that, that can affect your heart. Are you short of breath...or some other not so great symptom? People around here have had all kinds of versions of this flu, anything from a really bad stomach thing to what I had with the lungs. Drink lots of fluids, and (as I found out) this is very important...do NOT overdo it. That will only make things much worse and prolong things to infinity and back. Take care you.

      Delete