Monday, June 24, 2013

Remiss

Wow, I cannot believe it has been so long since I dropped a note or two on this here blog thing.  The fact of the matter is that I have been doing some writing, but not here.  I'm not sure if my brain doesn't have the capacity to keep all the plates in the air, or if I just am super lazy.  And it isn't helping that I am at the downward side of my creative cycle and the summer (I never seem to be able to make myself do a lot of computer work in the summer.)  I guess I am just conspiring against myself.  But if I had to pick, I think I will pick, just lazy, as the answer, because that seems to be what I am. 

Our weather this month has sucked the big green apple.  It has been wet and miserable most of the time.  Of course not as wet and miserable as it has been in the old homestead.  It sounds like half of the West is underwater right now.  Oh the memories that brings back.  I was stuck up at work during the flood of 1995 and had to take a helicopter ride out because 3/4's of the road was washed away.  (Oh and all the bridges.)  And it looks like the same situation now.  So I guess I shouldn't complain about my damp spring. 

Hubby is out trying to get some kind of part for the German Gem, which seems to suddenly have decided that it needs a lot of work.  And it seems any time we bring our vehicle into the VW shop to fix something, three more things immediately go wrong with it.  And not cheap things. Sigh.  This would not be a good time to buy a new vehicle.  Well I best go and do my walk before I sit down for the day and try to pound out some words on this here contraption. 

2 comments:

  1. Huh...laziness. There is no chance that's genetic is there? I'm not sure if it has hit yet but you may be in for some 'nice weather' right about now...if 32C and 98% humidity spell nice to you that is. All I can say is you can have it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well yesterday it was 37C, but the humidity dropped into the thirties. That was good. I managed to keep the house nice and cool all day. Today the humidity is high, so is the water dribbling out of the sky. I only managed to get the house down to 21C over night. It will have to do. Thank the FSM that we live on a lake. At least when it gets too hot I can go and jump into something.

      Delete