Friday, November 22, 2013

Fifty Years

Its been fifty years since JFK was killed, that just seems so bizarre.  I remember discussing it in school when I was a kid and back then it seemed like history.  Not ancient history, but historical enough.  Now it doesn't seem so long ago. 

The odd thing is that although being somewhat toddler like at the time I actually do remember some of the stuff surrounding this event.  I remember being at my grandparents house and watching the procession, and being bored.  I knew something tragic had happened but did not know what it was exactly.  So I can only imagine what it was like for people who were into their adulthood, perhaps something like 9/11. 

But November 22nd is also my dad's birthday.  He would have been 85 years old today.  It would have been nice to see what type of old codger he would have been.  I was pretty young when he died, but I still miss his quirky sense of humour, and his dimpled smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment