Saturday, November 15, 2014

Yech

Yesterday was a shitty day (weather wise) the first snow fall of the year (nothing spectacular) and rainy as well.  It was dark, overcast, gloomy...in fact it was a dark and stormy night.  LOL Which of course made me want to do nada.  And I managed to do that in spades.  Well I did go to my writers group and do some critiquing, so I guess I did do something.  I also got all my laundry done, well the washing machine and dryer did, but I had to manhandle it in and out, and then put it all away.  I also managed to eat--a LOT.  Now I just can't seem to get motivated.  The temps have dropped to -1.  So brrrrrrr.  The birds don't want to come out of the coop.  I don't blame them.  After all they are originally from Africa.  (Well these guys aren't, they're from Blockhouse, but the species...)  We plugged in the light and now the concrete mass it is buried in should be getting warm.  I don't know if that is a good thing or not.  I wonder if it's better to allow them to acclimate until it gets really cold. 

Yes as a matter of fact I am procrastinating...why do you ask?  Okay--time to do some writing. 

3 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how amusing ti is to me to see you 'brrr-ing' at a whole minus one degrees seeing as how you've spent your whole life upgrading from the Frozen North of your youth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I be a wuss now. It comes from living in climes which are not so cold. Although when it gets into those days where it is humid, cold, and has a wind...oh boy Nelly does that ever suck.

      Delete
  2. I concede the humid cold thing...it is complete bullcrap...minus five and wet as hell? Way worse than thirty below and ten percent humidity...

    ReplyDelete